Thursday, May 8, 2008

final Draft letter to LADDERS

Eckerd College
P.O. Box 662
4200 54th Ave S.
Saint Petersburg FL, 33711
April 30, 2008

Friends of Ladders Inc.
P.O. Box 920025
Needham MA, 02492

Dear Ladders,
My name is Chelsea Fisher and I am currently a student at Eckerd College. I respect everything that your organization is doing for autism which is becoming a bigger concern every day. I have a close friend who was diagnosed with aspergers, and I am very concerned with the increasing numbers of children diagnosed with autism. Being a young woman who one day plans on having children it worries me that the “epidemic” as some are calling it may be related to vaccines.
I understand that you mostly do research to see how to help autistic people later in their lives, but I am very concerned with the recent proclamations that vaccines may be the reason for the influx in children diagnosed with Autism. Your increasing understanding of how autism affects and changes the lives of people could be of great benefit to the research institutions that are studying this issue. Research institutions like Yale and Columbia have found enough of a relationship to keep researching the matter even though they have found no definitive answers. Even though it has been a very back and forth topic the Center for Disease Control has been very adamant in refuting the relationship between vaccines and autism for fear that if people think there is a problem with one vaccine they will lost trust in all vaccinations and a larger epidemic will take place. If there is even a chance that vaccines are the reason one out of every one hundred and fifty children are now being diagnosed with Autism it is unacceptable that children are being subjected to it.
Like I said before I respect everything that your organization is doing and I feel that you can help reveal the real issues behind the influx in autism. I one day hope that I can feel comfortable giving my child vaccinations, and if my children is born with autism or aspergers I am glad there are people like you to help. Please reply if I have said anything you do no agree with or do agree with. Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,
Chelsea Fisher

No comments: